Thursday, 1 May 2014

Which party has kept the most voters?

Any business knows that they always strive to gain new custom but it is more than valuable to keep your existing customer base happy, CHURN is the be all and end all as its no good gaining new custom if you are losing your old custom faster. In the examples below we will see just how well the three main parties in the UK are doing with keeping their existing voters.

The calculation used for seeing how many voters they keep is taken from the yougov 2010 general election section.

Source  for figures

Firstly take the Won't vote / Don't Knows from the figure of  a 100, so in the libdems case 16% this leaves 84% of those who voted Lib Dem in 2010 who will be voting in 2015, then find those who will still be voting 36% and that then gives you your figure 30.24% converted to every 10,000 voters gives you the figure 3,024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is open to all feel free to link to this blog.